Question

CAN NOT STOP COUGHING
I Have been sick for the whole of June and i am still not better even though i was on antibiotics. I had flu but now the flu is sort of better but i still keep on coughing all night and day i have some cough mixture that i use but i can only drink it at night. I don''t know what to do as it feels like I’ m coughing out my lungs each day, any advice on how i should handle this? I have a lot of flem on my chest also.

Janine

It seems like if you are experiencing the typical symptoms of this year's flu. Please note that the antibiotics might not have worked, as you could be suffering from a viral infection. I suggest that you consult a pulmonologist for x-rays and a lung function test. To suppress your cough in the interim, you can use an Ipvent inhaler, two puffs, three times daily in combination with your cough mixture at night.