Question

CAN THE PILL HELP PMS SYMPTOMS?
Hi, I had 'the loop' implanted 3 years ago. I am experiencing very severe PS symptoms, and read that taking the pill would reduce it. I used to experience mood swings and anxiety attacks while on the pill years ago, and now do not know whether I should go on the pill as well and if so, which pill. My moods take a huge toll on my children, and it seems like I am loosing it. Please give me names of medication that I could use. I do not have a medical aid and cannot afford expensive medication or go see a specialist.

If you had mood swings on the Pill before then it may not help the PMS in your case, but you could try it again and see what happens. If you do so, you should use a monophasic pill such as Femodene. If you become depressed premenstrually, you could take Prozac for 10 days to two weeks of each cycle.