Question

Can they do this
I worked for a firm where people were often made to pay for mistakes. The amount was just debited to their staff account + they were expected to pay it. I went on pension at the end of last year + end Jan.2009 received an account for R51.for a mistake I was supposed to have made in Sept. 2008. I apparantly charged the wrong goods out to a customer + the work only picked this up in Jan.09. The correction was made + this is the difference between the correct + incorrect goods. I' ve no intention of paying this but would like to know what the law says about such matters before I confront them.
Labour lawyer
labour lawyer

RE: CAN THEY DO THIS

You cannot deduct any wages from anyone unless they have written that this can be done.