Ask an expert

14 Feb 2009

Can they do this
I worked for a firm where people were often made to pay for mistakes. The amount was just debited to their staff account + they were expected to pay it. I went on pension at the end of last year + end Jan.2009 received an account for R51.for a mistake I was supposed to have made in Sept. 2008. I apparantly charged the wrong goods out to a customer + the work only picked this up in Jan.09. The correction was made + this is the difference between the correct + incorrect goods. I' ve no intention of paying this but would like to know what the law says about such matters before I confront them.
Answer 390 views
Labour lawyer
labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001


You cannot deduct any wages from anyone unless they have written that this can be done.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18749 votes