Question

Can you excercise while you have a cold?
I've been training very hard over the last few weeks. I have picked up a cold and wondered if you are suppouse to excercise while you got a cold? I'd hate to fall out of my program for a week!

Hi Tracy

If your cold symptoms are primarily “above-the-neck”—sneezing, sore throat, runny nose—it’s probably safe for you to exercise at a low intensity.

But if your cold involves “below-the-neck” symptoms—such as fever, vomiting or diarrhea, muscle soreness, or general weakness—you should avoid exercise until your cold is better. Allow the sickness to run its course and your body to regain its strength.

Rather play it safe, otherwise you might be off for even longer.

Hope you get better soon!