Question

CAN YOU PUT SOMEONE ELSE (NON-FAMILY) ON YOUR MEDICAL SCHEME?
Hi there,
I am still living with my parents and so I'm still on their medical scheme. I heard today, that you can have someone else (not family) on your scheme for an additional amount each month. Is this true??, since my boyfriend really needs to belong to a medical scheme, but can't afford it and his parents can't either. So can this be done? We are with Discovery.

Thank you,
Darlene
Medical schemes

The legislation makes provision to put your extended family on your medical scheme. Your boyfriend will not fall into this definition. You can go to www.optivest.co.za for a free medical scheme quote for your boyfriend. There are real affordable options available