Question

Candida Diet
I have been following a Candida Diet for 3 weeks now but am unclear of certain foods that I should be eating. One book says that I should avoid all Gluten Products which is fine as I have an allergy to Gluten but it also mentions not to have Oats. What I would like to know is what about Mielie Meal and Maltabela porridge, is that safe to have and also what about Rice Cakes. I am also unclear as to whether I can have Feta Cheese and Cottage Cheese.

Dear Bev
I am personally not convinced that dietary changes can affect Candida infections. However, if you are gluten sensitive and don't get a reaction from oats, then I would imagine that you can continue to use them. Maize meal and Maltabella (which is made from sorghum) can be used on a gluten-free diet, as well as rice cakes. You can certainly use Feta and cottage cheeses.