Question

Candida diet
Hi Doc, i want to find out by you, i queried about the candida and eczema i was suffering from, and i have herd and seen the candida diet what do you think of it? I understand that i should leave all yeast and sugar and alot of things that contain sugar, but there is so many things i should not eat, but by the looks of that i' ll be a zombie. Could you maybe help me on that???

Dear Annie
Have you consulted a Dermatologist yet as I recommended? If not, then please for your own sake do so instead of wasting time with the candida diet. Some of the leading microbiologists in SA have stated in public that dietary factors do NOT affect Candida infections and cutting out foods like fruit, sugar and wheat will effectively starve the patient, but not affect the Candida organism! All human beings live in harmony with millions of yeasts such as Candida which occur naturally on our bodies. If something upsets the balance between the 'good' microorganisms and the potentially 'bad' organisms like Candida, then the Candida starts to flourish and you get infections. Factors that can promote the overgrowth of 'bad' microorganisms like Candida are stress, hormone treatments, antibiotics, obesity, etc. It may be useful for your Dermatologist to test a swab of your infection (e.g. the vagina, mouth, etc) to see which type of Candida you suffer from as different strains react to different antifungal preparations. It helps to use probiotics or 'good microorganisms' like Acidoforte by mouth and Vagiforte by vagina (buy at health shops) to help combat the Candida. Combine this with anti-fungal treatment as prescribed by your Dermatologist and a normal balanced diet.