Ask an expert

21 Jun 2011

Candida infection
Dear Doc,
I experienced 2 months in a row the above infection. My hubby and I are trying for a baby, but now we cannot due to this. I bought Reuterina femme and seems to be better. Unfortunately I infected my husband as well, and he is complaining of soar genitals. So I bought him probiotic 9 strains. It is now more then a week and he doesn''t feel any difference. Is there something I can get him over the counter, as this is a bit embarrassing to ask for from a pharmacist. I think my PH balance is not correct due to eating habits, but I think I will use the Reuterina Femme for a while just to keep everything right.
Thank you.
Answer 417 views

01 Jan 0001


Firstly you should treat yourself with a single dose of Diflucan 150mg. Your husband can also use Diflucan and add Apor cream, applied to the genitals, twice daily for at least 10 days.

Consult your doctor for a glucose tolerance test, to exclude diabetes, as this is a common cause for repeat candida infections.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18754 votes