Question

cant lose 10 kilo's
Mycurrent weight is 68.5 I am 28 years old.Three years ago I lost 20kg.
I lost my weight slowly over this period.
I fee I eat extremly healthy but i am battling to get rid of 10kg's.
My scale stands at the same position all the time for the past 6 months.
what do you suggest.
my diet contains oats and fruit breakfast lunch provita cottagecheese fruit/fish with salad snacks in between.
supper plenty veggies and no red meat.I don't eat bread
what do you suggest I really need some help.

Dear Lola
I presume you worked out your BMI using the 'Tools' on the 'Diet' site and that you are actually overweight? You don't list your height in metres so I can't work out your BMI to check this. If you are NOT actually overweight(BMI in the 18-25 range), then it is very difficult to lose weight as your body will resist such attempts. If you are overweight then there could be a number of factors playing a role: a) that you eat too little - the human body shuts down its weight loss mechanisms when it is faced by 'starvation'- click on 'Diet' and "Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet, compare with your present intake and make the necessary adjustments b) that you are not active enough - try doing 30 min of aerobic exercise a day to stimulate your metabolism c) you have a hormone problem, e.g. an underactive thyroid, etc - have this checked by your dr.