Question

Can''t lose weight
I am only 1.44m tall and weigh 53kg. I started going to the gym with a exercise program which cinsisted of 5 days a week, 3 days pur cardio for 1h and the other 2 days consisted of 30min cardio and then either upper body or leg exercises. After 3-4 months I picked up 4-5 kg as I was around 48kg before gymming. I also had to stop going to the gym as I didn''t have the time anymore. The problem I have now is that I can''t lose that 4kg I picked up in the gym. Although I did look more toned my clothes got tighter aswell. What can I do to get to the weight i was before?

Dear Essa
This is indeed a problem. There are individuals who react to intensive exercise programmes by developing large muscles which then not only weigh more than before the exercise, but also change the person's build so that they do not fit into their clothes any more. When you weighed 48 kg before the intensive exercise, your BMI = 23,2 which is nicely within the normal range. Your present BMI if you currently weigh 53 kg is 25,6 which in your case seems to represent the gain in muscle tissue. I can only suggest that you cut out fatty foods for awhile by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) and revert to doing gentler exercises like going for walks instead of working with weights.