Question

Cant Stop Eating!
Hi there, I have been overweight all of my life. I am 26 years of age.
The problem is that I cant stop eating! I crave anything and everything. Eventhough I am full I still eat. I cant explain why I do this. I dont eat alot of sweet things and fizzy drinks. I am gaining weight like you wont believe and I dont know how to stop. Can you please help me?

Dear Amadore
If you have uncontrollable urges to eat all the time this could either be due to an underlying medical problem or a psychological one. I would first recommend that you have a medical checkup to see if there is a physical problem (hormonal problems like diabetes or insulin resistance, etc, or a neurological lesion). If you are given a clean bill of health then please see a psychiatrist for an evaluation to find out if your urge to eat could be due to depression, anxiety or 'comfort eating'. The drs will advise treatment depending on the cause.
Holding thumbs that you can find out what is causing this problem.