Question

Car sickness
Dear CYBERVET.

My puppy is 16 weeks old and I would like to know if there is anything I can do to prevent him from getting car sick. I have taken him with me a few times over the last few weeks when going to my parents and despite trying out certain things to prevent him from getting sick, he still does.

At first I thought it might be the aircon in the car. Then when we drove with him again, we did not use the aircon, just opened the windows, but he still got sick.

I sometimes put him on the back seat in his 'mandjie' or on my lap.....still!

Is this something that will pass, is he just not use to it? My other dog LOVES driving in the car and I don't remember him getting sick when he was a puppy. Is there anything else we can try to prevent him from getting sick?

Your advise will be much appreciated!
cybervet

I responded to the other message you posted. Some animals may be nauseous on an empty stomach but fine after a meal while others may be nauseous on a full stomach and will be fine if they have not eaten prior to travelling. Having the window open to the wind blows in their faces also helps some dogs.