Question

CARB CYCLING
Goeiedag
EK wil net graag jou mening hoor oor CARB CYCLING? Ek het so 10kg om te verloor, maar sukkel met dit. Kan dit tot voordeel wees?

Hi Debbie

I'm not 100% sure what carb cycling is, so I looked it up, and it sounds like another tool to change the total calorie intake of the diet. And that's all diets are, after all - ways to manipulate calorie intake. So in principle, there's no problem with trying it, but in terms of a long term solution, I would say that you're better off speaking to a dietician to get a solution that is specific for you, rather than a generic diet. It may or may not work for you, this carb cycling, but if it does, then it's because of controlling the energy intake. And I just feel you can do this in other ways as well. So maybe worth trying, see how it goes, but it's not a miracle fix, it's one of many ways to get to the same point.

Ross