Question

Cardio training for weight loss
How should I train to burn the most fat? I run/jog 4 days a week for 30 min first thing in the morning. Is interval training better and is 30 min long enough?

I would suggest a combination of interval training with longer, more consistent training. I think that the interval training is great because it helps you get the intensity really high, and this is good for weight loss. The only problem with really high intensity is that you often can't do it for more than about 10 minutes, and so that's why interval training, where you have regular rest, is better, because it allows you to train harder, but also for longer. The longer duration sessions, where you do 30 to 45 minutes constant, are also important. You can't do interval training every day, because of the intensity that you can get to, and so interval training can only really be done every second or third day. The constant runs are important because they break up the high intensity training and they also help burn fat, as the duration of the exercise increases. There is good evidence to suggest that as you exercise for longer and longer, more and more of your energy comes from the fat stores, and so getting in sessions of 40 minutes or more are important. Therefore, I would suggesting alternating the sessions, although one change that you might consider is training on 5 days a week, and also getting this duration up to 45 minutes on average.