Question

Care after laser therapy to cervix
Hi Gynae Doc

I am having laser removal of CIN 1 cervical cells tomorrow. I know I' m not allowed to use tampons or have intercourse for 4 weeks thereafter. I, however, train for 1.5 hours per day in the gym or am out running/cycling/swimming. Can I use a tampon just for the 1.5 hrs per day I' m training and then wear a pad the rest of the time? There is no way I can train while wearing a pad (yuck), nor can I take a 4 week break!
GYNAEDOC

No, unfortunately you cannot use a tampon at all in this time. The cervix has to heal.