Ask an expert

01 Feb 2008

My brother sometimes falls down in convulsion and to the
extend of biting his tongue. what causes this and can it treated
for good?

Answer 392 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Solano

Thank you for visiting

It sounds like if your brother is suffering from Grand Mal Epilepsy. There is medication that he can take to prevent these attacks. Treatment will be prescribed according to the cause of the attacks and he will therefore, have to consult a Neurologist, in order to have a proper diagnosis made.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.