Question

Cat eye infection and Terra-Contril
Hi there Cybervet
My cat has an eye infection. It started in the 1 eye last week Monday, and then spread to the other eye on Wednesday. I tried cleaning it with luke warm water, which didn''t help and then tried a luke warm used tea bag but that didn''t help either.
Today, I started using Terra-Contril which I found in my medicine cabinet.
Can I use that for the infection? It really looks sore. Is there anything else one can use (home made remedy?)

Hi Danell

I would advise that you stop with the Terra-Cortril and get the cat’s eye checked by your local veterinarian.

The clinician should examine the eye’s and ensure that there is no corneal ulceration before using Terra-Cortril as it contains Hydrocortisone and could potentially make the problem a lot worse.

Kind Regards

Angus campbell