Question

CD
CD

I am 45 in July. My gran (mom's mom) died of a heart attack in 1973. My grandfather (mom's dad) died of a stroke in Sept 2001 (he had no heart, bp problems whatsoever) My gran had high blood pressure. I am taking coversyl & coversyl plus) - I have only been on bp tablets since my kidney op - Sept 2004. There is no history of any clotting problems in the family.

Hi Anxious
Both a heart attack and a stroke can be caused by blood clots, other reasons for swelling legs can be losing a lot of protein in the urine, heart failure, lymph oedema, deep vein thrombosis or liver problems.