Question

02 Apr 2007

CD
CS

Did you manage to get your extra meds ok today? How's the arm? and how's Megamoggy? Hoping you are holding up ok.

One thing - please explain what has happened to the kids of today? Wherever you read/look you see these rude, bratish kids that "must have their ipods, cell phones, (the latest most expensive of course) etc. Not to mention these days quad bikes. I am referring to an article I saw this am on News24 about 2 13 & 14 year kids who were riding quad bikes (on a public road mind you!) They were riding on a sand road and crossed over a public road in front of a truck - the truck swerved to avoid them and rolled three times - the paramedics spent about 30 mins extracating the poor driver from the truck and the passenger was flung out and died being stuck under the truck. The 14 year old sustained severe injuries. The other kid was apparently not hurt. What type of parents allow kids of these ages to ride quad bikes to start with, never mind on the road? Firstly quad bikes are not licensed for road use anyway and secondly kids of this age riding them on the road?

Its no wonder there is so much teenage drug abuse and drinking going on these days, what with kids getting exactly what they want and not nearly enough discipline.

Oh and one other thing are SA youngsters so naive that they think they wont get caught smuggling drugs into/out of the country? That article in the paper on the weekend about the 21 year old woman who gave birth recently to her son in jail in South America? It is nothing short of tragic, but how can these people really believe they won't get caught, especiallly in South America? Now her 4 month old son will be without a mother for 3/4 years and even if she is allowed back into the country, she will have a permanent criminal record. The money is surely not worth the 99% chance of getting caught.

Just as well I went for the extra meds --- discovere that the 1st two pharmacists had given the wrong instructions with the pills, and I have been taking HALF the dose I should havem, of one of the major drugs, for the last 3 weeks ! ERGGGH !
Megamoggy is watching Birdivision. He has discovered a place where he can sit, quite high up, and watch the swallows flit in and out of their nest. Its looks as though he's watching Wimbledon.
Surely wildly irresponsible parents in the sort of example you quote. If kids capable of behaving so hugely irresponsibly were the only casualties, that'd be Darwinian and enhance the quality of society ; its the innocent victims I greive for. Quad bikes are driven like that by the kids of parents with too much money to spare, and too little effort to supervise how their wasteful expenditure gets used. Why are so many parents happy to throw money atg kids, and yet not prepared to give them time and closeness ? The kids should never have been allowed to drive, especially unesocrted, on or near any public road.
Drug smugglers need to be both greedy and stupid, don't they ?
And hey, I like CD's, too.