Question

Cellphone
My live in - boyfriend has been denying me to have and use the cellphone, saying people use them to conduct their cheating arrangement. He also did not have one ( according to my knowledge).I discovered from my landline telephone itemised billing account that instead he is the one who has been in contact with a lady on her cellphone during the time that I am at work ( he was a field worker) or out of town.. He denied making the calls despite being the two of us only in the house.I also later realised that the dates of the calls correspond with the days that he either arrived after midnite or slept over.We are currently separated.

The question is, what could have been the reason for him to forbid me to have the cellphone? Was he ' protecting' me from doing what he knew he was doing with a woman? or what ( I can't get it clear from my head)

He wasn't protecting you, but assuming that you might be as dishonest and unfaithful as he already knew that he, himself, was.