Question

Centipede with pincers at the back
I live in the Table View area and lately we have been over run with a kind of centipede that has pincers on his rear end and colouring that darkens similar to that of a termite. I have no idea what these things actually are and am a little freaked out by them.

They have a habit of sitting on the rim of a glass where they are barely noticible. Im not sure if their arrival had anything to do with the manure we had layed on our front lawn.

Could anyone shed some light on the health risks these little critters pose? Should I get rentokill in or is there another way of dealing with them?

Any advise would be greatly apreciated, thanks in advance.
EnviroHealth expert
envirohealth expert

I'm not sure that they are centipedes. Would you perhaps be able to send me a photo of one? You can send it to oroseinn@media24.com. or the Health24 office. Or, better yet, if you manage to catch one (in a jar), let me know.