Question

cerebral malaria
A friend of mine visited Mozambique and contracted malaria. Within 2 days after being admitted into hospital he went into a coma and was diagnosed with cerebral malaria. It is now more or less 40 days later and he is still in a coma although there is no longer a trace of malaria he won't wake up.
What possibly can cause this and how do one treat it?

Barries, it may be that the malaria caused permanent brain damage due to the swelling or bleeding and that this is the cause of the coma. I can’t really say what the best treatment would be as I don’t know what the cause is. The best would be to ask the treating physician and then mail me if you still have questions. Good luck.