Question

Cervical Cancer - symptoms
Dr,

My mom was diagnosed with cervical cancer +/- years ago. The last 5 months she needs to be drained (stomage) each month. +/- 3 to 5 liters of white/yelowish fluid get drained from her abdomen. I see her feet also starts swolling now. She keeps on forgetting ans it seems as at time she don't make sense if talking to her.

Why the fluid? What is the fluid? (apparently a dr at the Prov. Hospital says it is Proteins)
Why the swollen feet?

Can you please give me answers on this - she does not have a medical aid and goes to a Provincial Hospital and they don't give definite answers to question.

Thank you

Maryna

Maryna, the fluid is called ascites leaks out of the veins in her abdomen. This can be due to a combination of factors including too little protein in the blood to keep the water in the blood vessels, obstruction of the blood vessels or even due to too little protein in the body because of the cancer. Hope this answered your question.