Question

CERVICAL RADICULOPATHY
Dear Doc

I have been diagnosed with cervical radiculopathy (disc extrusion between C5-C6 and C6 - C7) causing pins and needles an burning sensation on my left upper arm and left thumb and sometimes fingers). The neurosurgeon recommended that I have an operation.

Is there any acceptable non-invasive alternative treatment for my condition.

Andrew, it’s difficult to say without examining you first, but it sounds like surgery will be a good option in your case. If you still have doubts, the best thing to do would be to get a second opinion from a different neurosurgeon (it’s your money and your neck after all). Good luck.