Question

Chameleon Men
My husband changes personalities when he is in different environements. when he is with me he is a certain way, with his family another way. Even at work he is different.
He says I dont let him be himself. When he is with his friends he can be himself

This even applies to what he says to whom

Is there different converstation types...
ie ..your wife addresses issues differently to your friends... maybe your friends dont give opinions they just listen ..but your wife may get emotional involved what she says....

Why is it that he can talk easier to his friends than with me...

Actually, I think our experience, and much research, suggests that w are ALL chameleons --- you behave and talk differently with your parents, your children, your boss, and your pets. Its a mixture of knowing them in a different context, having a different role yourself vis a vis them, a different manner of speaking, even different vocabulary. Kids use slang with their friends they know mom and pop would never understand.
And as owai sys, there are also difering expectations of us, from the others.