Question

Chances of being pregnant
Hi, I was sterilised on the 14th of August 2009 the same day my 3rd child was born. I am not starting to wonder if it is possible to fall pregnant even though I have been starilised. I have NEVER had a regular period so for me to work on when last I had my period won''t work. I have been having the same symotoms that I had with my first 3 pregnancies, but never thought the worst of it until my husband mentioned it to me. I am not sure if my tube have just been tired or cut and burnt. I know that I should do a home pregnancy test but dont want to go through all that stress until I find out if it is possible to be pregnant even though I have been starilised.

Also what legal right do I have against the doctor if I am pregnant and should have been starilised.

3 women in every 1000 will fall pregnant after a sterilisation, so the chances are extremely low. If the operation was done correctly then you have no claim against the doctor as it does occasionally happen that the tubes grow together. Only if the oepration was done incorrectly would you have a claim.