Question

Change of workout routine
Hi Doc,
I used to keep fit on my personal treadmill from home, which i enjoyed alot but since my knee has been taking some strain, i have now converted/traded it in for an orbitrek platinum fitness machine. what are your views on this? will this keep me fit enough. I have also started using the vibro shape belt for my tummy areas.
I have always been a fit person so just want to know if both these new machines will maintain my current fitness/weight.

thanx so much
Leslie

Hi Leslie

I think it's OK provided you use it. I found the movement quite awkward and unnatural, I far preferred running, but that's me. I think each person has their preferences. The key is that you do it, you have to accumulate the training time. It's not better or worse, just different. The only "better" or "worse" is that it doesn't get used!

The vibro belt, not as much - there's no basis to that at all, and I think it's a sales con job, to be blunt. You can't lose anything through simply vibrating. The answer is regular cardio exercise - 40 to 45 minutes a day, regularly, that's what works and so you have to aim for.