Ask an expert

26 Jul 2011

Changing from Triphasil due to high blood pressure
I seem to have developed high blood pressure of late. I''m not sure if it''s from using Triphasil, although I have been on it for 17 years. I''m now 51 - is there a similar pill I could use? I have no signs of menopause and have experienced no other side-affects using Triphasil. My doctor put me on Triphasil in my mid-30''s after I''d had myfirst child. Previously I was on Ovral, and prior to that Nordette.
Answer 661 views

01 Jan 0001

You should not use any of the Pills at the age of 51 with high blood pressure. Your chances of pregnancy at this age are extremely small. In fact, you may already be menopausal. ou would not know this if you are on the Pill as you will continue to have periods.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9328 votes
67% - 18819 votes