Question

cheating
I cheated on my girlfriend. i told her the details. She wants to work things out.

How do i stop feeling guilty about the hurt i caused her? What positive things can i do to improve the situation?

Maybe you want to, but shouldn't stop feeling guilty abo ut what you did, too soon. See a counsellor, alone or together, to work through this, so you two can work things out, so you can work through your guilt and learn how to avoid being so thoughtless and hurtful in the future. You are very lucky indeed that she is prepared to give you a second chance --- don't waste it. Express your guilt and regret clearly to her, and make things up to her in deeds, as well as words.