Question

Cheek reduction
I am a 34 year old woman, i have a round face and would like for my cheeks to be redused . Where can I find a surgeon in Pretoria and are there any risks. I would like to know if its an expensive procedure.
Anti-ageing expert
anti-ageing expert

Hi Lala, thank you for the question.

I am unfortunately not aware of a surgical procedure that ‘reduces’ ones cheeks and your best approach would be to consult a plastic surgeon who can examine the face and decide on the best treatment option; in fact I would highly recommend that you do not undergo a procedure that removes the cheek fat pads .

There may other reasons for the appearance of a ‘round face’ such as enlarged lower face fat pads (buccal and jowl fat pads), an enlarged masseter muscle (chewing muscle), or this may be the natural shape of your face produced by the underlying bone and soft tissue. In all of these possibilities treatment choices do exist to minimize the appearance of a ‘round’ face.