Question

CHEEKY DOG
I have a xmaltese/foxy, (we think). She is 6 yrs old. She will not allow me to put ointment in her eyes or anywhere else on her body. She snarls and shows her teeth and will even bite me. I cannot even give her a bath. She snaps at me. What can I do
Dog Behaviour Expert
Dog Behaviour Expert

Hi Ella, this is as distressing for the owner as it is for the dog! What i would suggest is that you desensitize her to wearing a muzzle on a regular basis and then when you put it on for medication she wont mind. Additionall, get into the habit of stroking all over her body in a gentle manner to get her used to being touched in all these areas without medication being used. TTouch is wonderful for helping in situations like this, why dont you contact somebody near you who can then help you in this regard? thanks Scotty