Ask an expert

29 Jan 2009

Chest discomfort
I' ve recently started experiencing chest discomfort. It' s not so much a pain - just very uncomfortable. When I eat it feels like the food struggles to pass through my chest. It' s as if there is some sort of constriction.
I am going through a very stressful divorce so this could be related to it. But what is wrong with me?
Answer 325 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear DN
This could be an esophagus spasm or a narrowing caused by acid burning the inside of the esophagus. One needs to have a look at this with a gastroscopy if possible. Please ask your doctor to refer you to a gastroenterologist
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.