Question

22 Apr 2006

chest pain
i have been having chest pain for a day now and its this sharp pain under my peck muscle.

i do have a history of angina, so as per normal i have take asprin when the pain started, the pain is still there ..

HeartDoc

Dear Sershin,

Any angina must be first treated with your usual tnt or nitro spray. If the pain last more than 15 minutes, and does not respond to 3 doses of your usual medication, then yes, take an aspirin, but don’t leave it there!

You are supposed to take the aspirin, and then go straight to an emergency medical centre for an ECG and a checkup. Don’t waste more time, get going. I hope you are okay.

HeartDoc