Question

Chest pain and rapid heart beat
For a while I have experienced chest pain, to the left of my breastbone, on my first rib. The skin is very tender to the touch. I had an operation to repair a hiatus hernia exactly 7 months ago. It all went well and I expected to be feeling well by now, but am still getting the chest pains. They come a go frequently with no apparent cause. Also at times my pulse is 64 bpm but sometimes over 90 bpm even at rest. At night especially, it feels as if my heart will explode out of my chest. I can always feel my heart beating very "hard", especially when lying down. I had an EKG a few months ago, which appeared normal. Most of the time I just feel rather unwell, without being able to pinpoint the reason. Should I see a doctor and if so what should I ask him to check for? As most of the time they have no idea what the problem could be and have to start exploring. Or would it be better to see a homeopath for holistic healing?

Andi, the best would be to see a specialist physician and to ask him to check your heart (stress ECG) and do blood tests for at least for anaemia, thyroid problems and diabetes. If he finds nothing wrong he will have to start looking for the less common causes. Good luck.