Ask an expert

03 Dec 2004

Chest Problem???Please help
Hi,Im not sure if im in the right forum but anyway i am 19 years old and every now & then i get a pain in my chest, around my heart area.It's been happening for a while now & would like to know whats the cause of this??????
Could this be mild heart attacks??????

Answer 406 views

01 Jan 0001

Cyberdoc could probably help more here. Highly unlikely to be any sort of heart attack at age 19, and interestingly enough, the pain of a heart attack is felt in several areas, often NOT in the specific area of the heart, and usually in more than one place at a time. Stress can well be part of this, especially if it is more noticeable at times of tension, and forgotten when you're enjoying something or comcentrating on a good movie, etc.
But anyway, it is by far the best thing to go so see your GP and have a proper physical check-up, to be sure, and to reassure yourself.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17868 votes