Question

Child abused?
I have a six year old daughter. I once watched her playing with her dolls, unobserved, and what I saw her doing with her dolls shocked me. She was making two dolls have sex in various positions. Since then she has portrayed other behaviour which makes me believe that she was/is either being abused or has seen this somewhere. I strongly believe it stems from some sought of abuse as I was a victim of sexual abuse as a child and some of the actions are familiar. We are very strict where watching television shows are concerned and she does not watch anything with an age restriction or inappropriate programmes.
I have tried discussing it with her and she has intimated that there is something that is "making her heart sore", something "very bad" and she does not want to discuss this with me. I asked her whether she would speak to a doctor about it and she said "no". I explained about the doctor being just like her doctor that makes her body better when there is something wrong and that this doctor would make her heart better. I do intend taking her to a therapist, I am making enquiries about a suitable one as I do not have medical aid and I know that these sessions could be quite expensive. Will she necessarily open up to a therapist?? I am very concerned as she is with me almost all the time. She does not sleep over or visit very often without me. She attends primary school and goes to after care at the same school.

it's possible that this might suggest that she may have been abused at some time, or otherwise exposed to sexual activities, especially as she suggests that something very bad has happened which makes her feel heartsore. if the therapist she sees is any good, she ought to be able to open up to him / her. Ask the school if they can recommend a suiotable therapist / child psychologist, experienced in this field ; and inquire as to whether the school district could in some way help to cover some costs of such a referral ( sometimes in an enlightened school district, they might have such a psychologist as a consultant available for such situations ).