Ask an expert

08 Jun 2011

Child maintance
I need some help please. My sons father has not supported him for 2 years now. My son will be 2 in December. I really need help on how to get him to pay for his son. PLease let me know who to contact and where to go. The maintance court in Bishop Lavis is very slow and not very helpful. I have to stay a full day out of work just to get some forms to fill in. Then another day to take it in and then another day to appear before the magistrate. I cannot afford this. All these days will be unpaid days for me. Please help me
Answer 3,669 views
Family law expert
family law expert

01 Jan 0001

The maintenance court in the area where your child reside will have jurisdiction, you are not allowed to use a court that falls outside that jurisdiction.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
A:1st Floor, 56 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town, 8000
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E:; W:; Blog:;
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18701 votes