Question

childhood hurt..anger...how do i deal with it??
i am the 3rd child in the family. recently i have thinking about my past and my chilhood years. and i cannot come to grips with why my mum always made me feel like the milddle child and letting me always settle for second best and being made to feel that was not the best. i know that due to my past i still carry on living and settling for second best. but now that i have a child of my own , i cannot come to grips with how can my mother make me feel that way??? i am very widrawn and never show emotions and always kep my feeling to myself. i used to cry and talk about it a long time ago...i i try to forget and find peace within myself..but i can feel that this old feeling are being taken out on my husband. i am reaalysenstive recently and feel really depressed and alway having a fight within myself on how to deal with this and i want to just start living and enjoying my husband and child and only if i can just get past all this anger that i have.

Dear ruby, you're wise to recognize that current patterns of automatically thinking about what happens to you, assumptions you carry with you, perhaps related to your experiences as a child, may be causing real problems for you right now. And this is where counselling can help a great deal. You also need to learn ways to leave your childhood behind, and let go of your anger. It's hard to believe that your mother expected or intended any of her actions to make you feel this way --- our choices and actions often have unintended consequences. This need now is for yopu to work with a counsellor, to set yourself free from the bonds of the past.