Question

chromosomes
theory says each individual have 46 chromosomes i hv'nt proven that practicaly. but my point is i heard my friends saying that homosexuality is caused by chromosomes, like if i'm a girl acting like a man i hv too much chromosomes from my father & if i'm a guy acting like a woman i hv too much chromosomes from my mother & if i'm straight my chromosomes balance.....they say this is like 29 chromosomes from other parent & 17 from ther other is this true.
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Your sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with chromosomes. And in case you're wondering, hormones don't play a part in someone being gay or lesbian either.

And to set the record straight, lesbians don't "act like a man" and gay men aren't running around "acting like a woman". A small minority of lesbian or gay people are identifiable as such through their behaviour; the vast majority of us behave and act as you do. You probably recognise very few of the lesbian or gay people you interact with every day.