Ask an expert

27 Jul 2011

I had posted a thread sometimes last year about continous terrible genital pains i have been living on since i had one encounter of unprotected sex in 1997.

I have been to many Dr''s including Urologists &  GP''s and undergoing all kind of tests including scope all not showing anything and some where just suspecting the infection of the prostate. The only time i got relieve was through traditional medication in the form of what they call spade and that was in 1998 but unfortunately it lasted only 2 weeks or so and the problem recurred and still battling it.

Last week i consulted a very respected Urologist who diagnosed me as suffering from DAMAGED BLADDER LINING. He put me on course of medication and mentioned that if i get better after 2 weeks or so he will continue with the medication for 6 - 8 months and it should be fine which i strongly pray for and wish that it turn out that way.

The 2nd option, if i do nt respond to medication prescribed, will be surgical procedure/ cyscope in which amongst other he paralyse some area there.

The question I m having to our Sexologist &  fellow forumists is your understanding of this condition i m suffering from and is there a hope that I could eventually be healed. It has been 12 years of hell living with this pain and i would not wish it to my worst enemy and it has badly affected my sexual performance to such an extend that I have been avoiding to have sex with the girls i have dated because of non-performance otherwise i had to use pills which i respond positively to.

Your comment and advicses will be highly appreciated.

Answer 471 views

01 Jan 0001

This condition does seem to have caused you a lot of distress. I am sorry but I can not give you any further advice on the matter but am pleased that you have consulted a respected Urologist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.