Question

Chronic Pelvic Pain
My mother suffers from extreme daily pelvic pain which is accompanied by food aversions, belching and constipation. She has had a hysterectomy two years ago due to cancer of the uterus. Could these be side effects of the hysterectomy? If not, what could be causing her so much pain? Please help. I am lost...

I am scared....

Tari

Dear Tari
It is essential in view of your dear Mom's medical history and the fact that she has had cancer that she MUST return to the doctors who were treating her for a checkup. She needs to inform them of the pain and the other symptoms she is suffering from. If all is well then I would seriously advise her to see a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to help her with a diet that addresses the food aversions, winds and constipation.