Question

Cilift and Trepaline
Hi. My Daughter is 10 and staying with he mom in ZA. While visiting me this weekend I learned that my daughter is on Cilift and Trepaline. My daughter was never depressed nor in a bad mood. I do not communicate with my ex for the simple reason that she feel that my input is not worth to be taken into account. 1. Why would a doctor subscribe these medicines? 2. Is it really needed for a 10yr old to take this stuff? I love my daughter to bits and am beyond concerned.

I shae your puzzlement. It has become clear that children can and do suffer from significant Depression, and may then need treatment with such drugs ( though the combination would be most unusual even then ). Some of the older antidepressants ( Cilift is not one of those ) can be used at times to help treat bed-wetting. I don't know of a reason for using this combination of drugs in a girl of 10. Do you see her often enough to feel sure she has not perhaps been seriously depressed before starting this treatment ?