Ask an expert

28 Jan 2009

Circumcision went wrong
I' ve been traditional circumcised 13year ago but still carry a lot of foreskin and it is embarassing to take my clothes among other Xhosa man as they all look at me as if I' m still a boy. My question is how much does it cost and how safe it is for a 32 year old to do a "  medical"  circumcision procedure. I' ve queried with my medical aid and they do not cover it cause its not health risk. If possible please send me the contact details of Doctors who specialise in this procedure in Cape Town area and surroundings and I would like it to be a very private thing as it could have an impact on my reputation.

Your help will highly appreciated, thanking you in anticipation
Answer 2,481 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Xhosa Man
The best doctor to do this would be an urologist, although some GP's also do the procedure. I would suggest you go to an urologist because there may be corrective surgery needed. Here are some contacts for you. Price would depend on the doctor and the hospital so phone around and ask for quotes. It is a safe procedure if done by a professional, and you would probably be able to go home the same day.
Botha, Werner Urologist Oranjezicht 021 426 2060
Bowden, David J Urologist Cape Town 021 422 1050
Eppel, Stephen M Urologist Cape Town
Kirsten, Horst O Urologist Cape Town 021 423 7123
Kirsten, Peter Urologist Cape Town 021 422 1050
Naude, Johannes H Urologist Cape Town 082 546 6874
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18661 votes