Question

cists
i want to know i had a cist about 7cm terrable back pain and no period went to my gayne he gave me tablets to bring on a period i got the period very heavy and painfull i went back after 6 weeks and the cist is know 2cm the doc said it well go away will it go away as i have not had another period and i feel alot of presure where the cist is and back pain please can i have some advice as this is the first time i have ever had cist i am 24yrs and had a baby at 13yrs i have had alot of female problems since her birth

A 2 cm cyst is extremely small and would not be causing your symptoms. It is only when cysts get to more than 5cm in size that they are likely to cause problems. It may be that your cyst was bigger and is now resolving. The reason for your period staying away may be due to hormonal changes. I would suggest that you give it a bit longer.

Namzukwe, a 7 cm cyst is quite large. The management depends partly on whether it is completely cystic or whether there are solid elements. If any solid elements, another operation would be necessary. Otherwise, it may be possible to drain it under ultrasound guidance or perhaps to take the Pill for a few months to try to suppress it.