Question

CLA
I gym regularly about 3-4 times a week for about 25 minutes. I was adviced that taking CLA will improve toning. Is this a good idea?

I am also wheat and dairy intolerant. Will CLA affect me negatively?

Is it safe to take CLA if you suffer from hypertension?

Will CLA benefit you if you do not exercise regularly?

Dear Reshma
Seeing that CLA is an essential fatty acid, it should not cause problems with your allergies and hypertension. Just make sure that you also get sufficient omega-3 fatty acids by taking Salmon oil capsules to prevent an imbalance in the omega-6 and omega-3. Research has not yet shown uncontroversially that CLA on its own makes you lose weight, but it does seem to help when combined with exercise. More research is required to clarify the role of CLA in slimming.