Question

Claustrophobia
My husband is experiencing strange symptoms, he is hypertensive and is on chronic medication, but he has recently become severly claustrophic as well as displaying mood swings. He is quite agressive, but can then suddenly become loving and kind. We have 4 children and they love him dearly but I am afraid how this is impacting them, he can also be quite insulting and rude, not sure if there is an issue he is that way, please help shed some light. ALso he is a severr snorer, to the point that he stops breathing for 1 minute and then starts again, he the trashes about hurting us in bed unwittingly. Please help, thank you

One would need not only to directly assess him ( so it would be useful for him to see a good local psychiatrist ) but to know exactly which drugs he was taking for the hypertension, etc. Some of those, alone or in combination, can cause depression, anxiety, and other psychiatric symptoms, though I can't recall coming across claustrophobia as such a reaction. Mood swings, aggresion, yes, possible.
The snoring pattern you describe is also more than ordinary snoring, and sounds very like Sleep Apnoea, which, because ( and its far more common than people think ) it includes a person stopping breathing for periods during the night, can also obviously impact on mood and behaviour.
Yes, seeing a good psychiatrist for a full assessment is important, as then a diagnosis or diagnoses can be clarified, and a treatment plan made taking into account his hypertension and any other relevant problems