Question

Clexane blood thinner

It''s me bella again, I posted the question on progesterone earlier. I forgot to also mention that before my ivf I did the blood tests for thrombophilia and immunology, etc. All were fine except the anticardiolipin antibody IgM which was 16.1, i think under 10 is normal and 16.1 is classified as moderately positive.

My FS put me on Clexane 40mg inhections daily, which is a blood thinner, from the time of embryo transfer.

He said I should stop at 12 weeks. But i was also wondering if it is safe to stop suddenly when my body may have become used to the blood thinner? Would it affect my pregnancy given my ACA ab IgM level?

I know some women are on clexane throughout their pregnancy. Or some women take baby aspirin too.

Based on your experience, what would you suggest?

Thanks again,.
Bella

Dear Bella

Your fertility specialist is correct and I would do exactly the same. However beyond 12 weeks I would certainly use low dose aspirin right into the third trimester.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim