Question

Climbing Kilimanjaro fitness program
Hi would like to climb Kilimanjaro, and was hoping to do it Sept'05. What excercise program would you recommend? I go to Virgin approx 2 - 3 times a week, sometime less and work out for at least one hour (cycle, steps, circut & treadmill). What program would you recommend I follow to get fit enough to do the Kili climb later this year, or don't I have enough time left? I would say I am reasonably fit, but could improve. I job for 2km's then I need to walk.
momentum expert

Linnel, I would love to help, but I have no idea how difficult it is to climb it. You will have to make sure you’re not overweight and have good lung function (i.e. do lots of cardio). I guess if you’re able to walk 4-5km/hour for at least 3 hours, you should be OK but the best would be to contact the people that organise these climbs. I’m sure they will have all the relevant information. Good luck.
PS. If you do get the info, will you pass it on to me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za so that I can help the next person a bit better? Thanks.