Question

Climen & Androcur as treatment for PCOS
After going for a second opinion at a different gynae, this one said I did not have PCOS but only high Testosterone levels (3.1) and placed me on a 6 month treatment of Climen along with Androcur.
I dont know what to believe as the first gynae told me that PCOS causes high testosterone levels - so according to me, this is a case of what is first, the hen or the egg :-)

My questions:
1. Do you agree with the treatment of Climen & Androcur?
2. What should the end result be - what should I expect / what is suppose to happen after the 6 months?
3. Can I fall pregnant on this treatment? And if so how do I know when the best time is to try and conceive?

I have made an appointment with the first gynae for end April, I have to see him as he is in town (2nd gynae is 1500km away). But I am too curious to wait until I see him.
Oh I am now on the 3rd month of the treatment. I am 28 years old, and I am trying to conceive obviously. I have been diagnosed with PCOS almost 2 years ago, and after 3 months of unsuccesfull Clomid treatment (last dosage - 200mg) I decided to leave it untreated for a while. But my skin became very bad, a lot of unsightly cists growing under my skin - I was very depressed and then decided to go see the second gynae. Also I was very patient about falling pregnant, but am now growing more and more impatient.

Thank you
Elle

1. I think that it is a matter of symantics. You obviously have a condition whgere you are not ovulating and have acne and high testosterone. What you call it is not that important. The Climen and Androcur is a good form of treatment.
2. 6 months is an arbitrary time. If you want to fall pregnant, there isn't much point in waiting for 6 months. You should go straight onto a fertility program.
3. You are not likely to fall pregnant on this treatment.