Question

Clinical dietician in Centurion / Insulin resistance
I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and am trying to locate a clinical dietician in the Centurion area. None of my searches on the internet where successful. Can anybody help? Also, any advise on what to do and what not to do for this condition?

Dear Nel
I can't refer you directly but if you (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a diet for you that is based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes'. Combine your diet with regular exercise to reduce your insulin resistance.