Ask an expert

13 Dec 2005

Clinical dietician in Centurion / Insulin resistance
I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and am trying to locate a clinical dietician in the Centurion area. None of my searches on the internet where successful. Can anybody help? Also, any advise on what to do and what not to do for this condition?
Answer 1,835 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Nel
I can't refer you directly but if you (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a diet for you that is based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes'. Combine your diet with regular exercise to reduce your insulin resistance.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.